Creating an Ecommerce page that converts and gets people to make that purchase can make or break your business.
Rand Fishkin from Moz showcases a well thought out step by step guide on how to go about it.
The elements of awesome E-commerce page are:
1, The navigation at the very top
• Enable users to understand where they are on the site
• Information about shopping cart
2, Core product information
• Images and/or Videos
• Product naming convention & to the point description
3, Clear options to path to purchase
• Help people understand different options
• Eliminate roadblocks
4, Detailed product description
• Set correct product expectations
• Make sure product fits their needs
5, Seal the deal content
• Build trust
• Return policy
• Shipping information
All the tips shared by Rand can be applied to any industry, including fashion.
The goal of the eCommerce page is to deliver information in a most concise manner that would answer any questions user might have before they decide to make the purchase.
When I visit an eCommerce page, there are few questions that always go thru my mind.
• What is their return policy?
• How much am I going to pay for shipping?
• Is the product actually going to look as elegant as I see in the photograph?
• What is the actual size of the item?
• What is the height of the model, so I can check if that it would look good for someone with my height?
• Is there a discount/coupon available for the product?
I am sure, you have your own set of questions that you go thru when you are making a purchase.
The secret to creating a kick a$$ eCommerce page is, to anticipate what those questions/concerns might be for your audience and try to answer them.
Watch the full video.